Financial Registration Agreement
Students registered at Columbus State University have agreed to this statement during the login process to MyCSU. This is a requirement to agree to in order to be registered at Columbus State University.
STUDENT REGISTRATION / FINANCIAL AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into between the Student and the Board of Regents of the University
System of Georgia, by and on behalf of Columbus State University. In exchange for registering
for classes and receiving education services from Columbus State University, I understand and
agree that my eligibility to enroll in classes is expressly conditioned upon acceptance of all terms
and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
I understand and agree to the following:
1. When I register for any class at Columbus State University or receive any service from
Columbus State University, I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other
associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services on or before the
2. If I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible
for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published refund schedule.
3. I am personally responsible for payment of all money due regardless of my eligibility for
financial aid or other assistance.
4. Financial aid or other financial assistance I may receive will be used to pay any and all
money due to Columbus State University, including tuition, fees, campus housing and meal
plans, student health insurance, parking permits, service fees, fines, bookstore charges, or any
other amount, in accordance with the terms of the aid or assistance. If some or all of my
financial aid or other assistance is revoked because I drop or withdraw from classes and/or from
school, I will repay all revoked aid that was disbursed to my account.
5. If I fail to pay all money due by the due date, Columbus State University will place a
financial hold on my student account, cancelling my class registration and preventing me from
registering for future classes, obtaining transcripts or receiving my diploma.
6. If I fail to pay all money due by the due date and fail to make payment arrangements
acceptable to Columbus State University, Columbus State University may refer my account to a
collection agency, and I will be responsible for paying the collection agency fee, which may be
based on a percentage of up to 15% of the debt, together with all costs and expenses including
reasonable attorney's fees, necessary for the collection of my account.
7. I authorize Columbus State University and its agents to contact me at my current and any
future cellular phone number(s), email address(es) or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent
student account(s)/loan(s) or any other debt I owe to Columbus State University, or to provide
general information from Columbus State University. I authorize Columbus State University
and it agents to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial or pre-recorded voice or
text messages, and personal calls and email messages, in their efforts to reach me.
8. I am responsible for keeping Columbus State University records up to date with my current
physical address(es), email address(es), and phone numbers under Student Records in MyCSU.
My responsibility to do so will continue upon leaving Columbus State University for any reason
for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts that remain due and owing to
Columbus State University.
9. I am subject to and responsible for complying with all applicable Columbus State University
and Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
10. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to
choice of laws provisions, and all actions arising under this Agreement will be filed and litigated
exclusively in the appropriate courts within the State of Georgia.
I understand and agree to the all of the terms and conditions above.